This is a beginners soap class - no previous experience needed.
We will be teaching the Cold Process method of soap making. This particular method we call the Room Temperature Method, as we do not use any external heat sources to make the soap. We let the reaction of sodium hydroxide and natural oils to heat and cause soaponification.
This class will be taught by Soap Master Laurie Teason and/or Brent Parris (Over 30 combined years experience in soap making). It will be taught at the Mile High Soap Warehouse. Our soap making classes are all taught in the “Hands On” style. Each student will be making their own soap under the guidance of an instructor. Our experience has been it is the best way to learn and get a feel of soap making. At the end of class you will leave with a batch of handmade soap you made yourself in class.
You will learn:
- Safety when working with sodium hydroxide (lye).
- How to make cold process soap
- How to insulate, cut, cure and store your soap
- How to line a soap mold
- Different ways to cure your soap
- How to package your finished soap
You will receive and go home with the following:
• 18 bar soap log mold and cutter (retail value of $45.95) – Mold has built in mitre box style cutter with your choice of 1" or 1.25 thickness. The wood mold can hold around 95 oz. of soap.
• Batch of soap you made in class (retail value of approx. $100- $126) - all oils, lye, and fragrance/essential oils are provided.
• Handout of detailed, step by step soap making instructions
• A basic soap recipe
This class is for people that are at least 18 years of age since there is handling of sodium hydroxide (lye). You will receive a 10% discount from Mile High Soap on any supplies you purchase for your own soap projects that can be used after the class. Discount can not be used with any other offer.
Class date/time: TBD (2 - 3 hour class) Price: $175.00 per person
• There will be a $25.00 cancellation fee – must be cancelled at least 48 hours in advance
• No shows will not receive a refund, so be sure you can make the class as scheduled.
• People who sign up using a credit card will have first priority for reserving their space in class if it comes down to limited space.
*Class is limited to 6 students so sign up now to assure a spot. To sign up, you need to purchase the class. We also take cash payments, no checks. If less than 2 people sign up, class may be rescheduled or cancelled.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This class was everything I had hoped for... as an absolute beginner, I learned a lot and ended up with tools, knowledge, and a batch of handmade soaps. Super fun and informative; very hands on; couldn't be happier.
Valuable information for beginner soaper. Instructor was an amazing teacher. Fee for class was well worth it.